Friday, November 5, 2010

Foo-Foo fall tree...

ok so here is another decor project that I was suppose to do last year at this time. and once again just finsihed. check mark it off the list. :) My mom and I saw these feather boa tree thingys at Hobby Lobby last year at halloween but in black (which was super cute but super expensive). so mom found these chocolate brown boas on clearance and bought me some, since I love that color. and told me to knock myself out making the trees because we all know me and Im cheap... which means I will never pay retail for decor.

Supplies needed for Foo-Foo feather tree:
1-styrofoam tree thingy
2-3 feather boas (any color you want)
Trusty Hot glue gun with lots of glue sticks.
and candlestick siting around your house screaming for a pillar candle to sit atop (emphasis mine) that never seems to find a mate.




See simple... supplies right?

Just start at the top and glue around the styrofoam in a swirl pattern pressing the boa and repeat till you get to the bottom.


I would hold my tree upside down and blow on the feathers as I only have two hands and one had the tree and the other was trying to work the glue gun and wrap the boa around. could not move existing feathers out of way for next layer of hot glue. :) that little hint is free. and helps move the already glued feathers out of the way so you can get the hot glue on the styrofaom versus ontop of upper layer of feathers.



Finished Fall Tree but looked way to boring and
I was not at all satisfied so I added a lonesome but beautiful
Candlestick to the base....................................



and the perfect match found a perfect spot on one of my fireplace mantels.
and Im linking up to... the crazy crafters christmas at http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/ (they are a cute blog with great ideas.check them out)
And also linking up to Metamorphosis Mondays at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com....go/ check out her party planning ideas and all the other cool crafters that linked up as well.... be prepared to get inspired!
AND another.... http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com/ for her craft o maniac Monday. Enjoy
also linking up to these two faboulus blogs.....

4 comments:

  1. Just adorable. I've seen these in stores and you did a great job for a mere fraction of the cost.

    I'd love to have you and your foo-foo fall trees join my meme Seasonal Sundays. The link is open until late Monday night. Hope to see you!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays. Hope to see you next week!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

love hearing from you. thanks for stopping by this messsy moms blog
:0)